How to Lower Your Kitchen Remodel Cost
KITCHEN REMODEL COST is determined by a lot of factors. A kitchen remodeling project can be a very expensive job. You must plan your project carefully, in order to effectively your budget. It may lead to overspending if you being spontaneous on your project.
You must start with a plan. First, take into account everything that you want done when you are planning to remodel your kitchen. The next step is to make a priority in case it turned out to be more expensive than the budget that has been allocated to it. Many people find creative ways to save money while they do the remodeling project.
Another thing that needs to be considered in your estimate is the size of your family, your frequent guests, your entertainment style, and your work station for food preparation. You will need enough space in the kitchen, if you have a large family. You need a big table with lots of counter space if you entertain a lot. If you love to cook, design your kitchen with strategically placed appliances so it can optimize the production of your kitchen. Be sure to know what you need and what you want, so you do not pay more than what you want to pay.
Items like countertops, kitchen cabinets and appliances are the highest in a kitchen remodel cost along with flooring, fixtures, lighting and hardware. Plumbing, electrical and gas add to the list, making the cost higher than any other remodeling work in the house.
Here are very helpful tips on how to lower your kitchen remodel cost:
- Before you buy all new kitchen decorations, fixtures and appliances, see what you can use from your old kitchen space. Repair and reuse items that are in good condition can help reduce your kitchen remodel cost.
- You can refurbish your existing cabinets than buy a new one. Your kitchen cabinets maybe in good shape, but they just have the wrong color and have a handle obsolete. Consider to repainting your cabinets and switch out the grip for an affordable and easy update. Change the color and accessories of your cabinets can be a good option to upgrade your kitchen atmosphere.
- Countertops can be either refinish, restored, or replaced altogether. Use inexpensive materials for countertops to save your money. Laminate countertops are less expensive alternative materials you can choose than tile and granite.
- Tile, wood, and laminate flooring are the most popular flooring materials in the kitchen. Engineered wood flooring has the look that resembles hardwood. But the last one is more expensive. If you use engineered wood flooring for your kitchen, it can lower your kitchen remodel cost. The other advantages you can have are it is prefinished, easy to install, and easy to maintain.
- Chrome finished faucets are a cheaper alternative fixtures when compared to designer plumbing fixtures and are available in a wide range of style and design options. Other finishes such as brass and nickel can be combined with them for more diverse at a comparatively low cost.
- If you have to buy new fixtures for your kitchen, you must shop at the right place. Experienced remodeling company can find discounted fixtures because of it extensive connections and contractor discounts.
- Consider to choose kitchen fixtures that are available with a lifetime warranty. While getting these fixtures repaired, this warranty will helps to save money.
- Basically, remove anything that is not built to be moved can have consequences raise your kitchen remodel cost. You might want the sink in a new area, but it means either extends water pipes and drainage systems or deleting it and then re-installed behind the sink will eventually. It also means painting or tiling the walls and flooring, and changing the cabinets as well. So be careful when discussing new ideas as this can increase your budget.
- All of your remodeling job can be done by the contractor. But if you do half of your project yourself, it can help to reduce your kitchen remodel cost. Some jobs including site preparation, demolition, installing appliances, painting etc. can be done by you.
- If you choose to get a contractor to do your project, you must find the good one. Good contractors do the work efficiently and make some efforts to stay within your budget.
They also offer ideas on how to reuse some of the existing kitchen furniture.
Otherwise bad contractors often do not efficient in their work. It often causes them to run more than your budget and take more time than they expected when completing the project.